PDA

View Full Version : Raina guide

VexX_Flunksch
09-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Hi Dawngate community :)

I've just recently published my Raina guide. I got one downvote, and I don't know why so I would like your feedback. Just remember this is a work in progress. Oh and english is not my main language so I would like to know if I did any grammar/spelling wrong. - This thread will also work as a place why I put all my upcoming guides.

WiP Guides

Raina Guide (http://www.moba-champion.com/guides/display.php?id=180)

iOrganic
09-30-2013, 02:03 PM
You put flask of mixies instead of pots. c:

Q Level 2 if you think you'll be getting a gank/ganked, but W is also ok.

If winning, maybe try Pride -> Protection -> Glory? Gives you the annoying burn you want, but also gets you/your lane partner tankier. The extra health ill also make Glory a little more worth purchasing.

Item builds and skill order are really generic. You should try working on a gameplay section for your guide.

Palarmutsi
10-02-2013, 04:11 PM
According to other posts etc. I've got that idea - that there is not only one way to build shapers.

DonJentleman
10-04-2013, 09:21 AM
First off, I'm not in love with how you start off with Stagger as a level 1 spell. Personally, I go deflect first so I can protect myself and my partner better, as well as dive in for a kill if possible. You shouldn't make your spells so rigid either: you're not going to always want such an offensive spell line up every game. You should consider spells like tailwind and blitz more often in order to suit your teams needs: you are the tank after all, and you need to out there covering your squishies' asses.

Secondly, There are definitely more defensive options than just Order and Faith. Matter of fact, you shouldn't be getting Protection 100% of the time either. Once again, you need to consider more options for you items, even in your core build. Yes, I always build Fortitude on Raina (and on my tanks for that matter), but if I see that they have heavy area magic damage, or if they have alot of auto attack shapers, I'm getting one of the other build paths from Fortitude, not Protection. No mention of Rebirth or Stability makes me sad, as they are amazing tank items.

Finally, you need more writing on how to play Raina. You need to actually bother to write down how well her skills work, when to use them in the laning phase and in team fights, and how to maximize the effectiveness of her W, as that is easily her most defining skill. All in all, you have alot of work ahead of you.